What do YOU ask for for the holidays?
You’re not the only one who asked me this! This year I’d like to go entirely waste-free. Though I did—full disclosure—pre-purchase myself some shoes the other day. I love them/they make me feel a little guilty.
Here’s my whimsical stuff-free Top Ten though some of it is really for real.
- A clone and more hours in the day
- A television show starring yours truly where I get to be totally honest with people about how badly they need to green their lives (usually I’m pretty polite!)
- Sleep (this can actually happen if you give me an IOU for babysitting)
- Theater tickets (still haven’t seen/am dying to see Book of Mormon)
- Dinner out at an organic/local spot
- A massage
- Food/wine gifts – I know this is technically stuff, but I can hardly bring myself to put sustainably-grown grapes in the same category as plastic gadgets; local cheese is always welcome
- A plant or paper white bulbs (they smell sooo good!)
- A 10 class pass to my favorite yoga studio
- A museum membership
I’m not without stuff wishes of course. I work at home most of the time so nice comfy pajamas are always a treat. I could stand a new-to-me/faster computer, too. I’ve researched and written three of my four books (not to mention countless articles and blogs) on the one I currently have and it is starting to s l o w down. But I can certainly live without either.
Mainly I’m just hoping for some restorative downtime and meals with my family.