I specialize in writing, editing, and strategizing about eco-related content of all kinds. If you’re a sustainable business or an environmental non-profit—or anything in between—with content needs, I can help. Here are some typical editorial projects I work on, but I’m up for anything word-related. No project is too small or too big when it comes to safeguarding the environment.
- Create editorial plans and calendars for blogs, newsletters, and social media either to be implemented by in-house teams, or for me to draft, direct, and manage.
- Write or edit book proposals, advise on and identify literary agents, and co-author or ghostwrite books.
- Launch or reimagine websites, brands, products, and informational campaigns: I map out and direct the content-specific brainstorming and writing that go into any type of new project planning. This often includes establishing a unique voice, drafting mission and vision statements, writing (and rewriting) about and FAQ sections.
- Write, edit, and/or advise on placing Op-Eds.
- Collaborate with colleagues or in-house staff to provide publicity expertise, best practice digital analytics, and all other content-related needs.
I am a longtime journalist who has written for and edited at newspapers, magazines, and websites. Though I still enjoy writing the occasional article, I transitioned into primarily helping companies and non-profits alike translate their sustainability initiatives into consumer English after writing my first book, The Complete Organic Pregnancy. I’m passionate about all things environmental health and want to help anyone trying to do better by our planet by streamlining their messaging and making it as clear as possible. My goal is always actionable, compelling writing—be it a tweet, a manuscript, or a founder’s letter—that can easily be shared far and wide for greatest possible impact. In an effort to make sure I’m writing about the climate crisis in the most current and approachable way, I was trained in July 2020 as a Climate Reality leader by former vice president Al Gore through his Climate Reality Project. I am proud to sit on the Board of Directors of Clean and Healthy New York.